Powered by science, balanced by botanica
Yes, this is that blue oil everyone is talking about! It’s an ideal Valentine’s Day gift for yourself and it’s not just about the color. You’ll upgrade your nightly skin care routine with this powerful oil-based formula from Sunday Riley LUNA Sleeping Night Oil, a retinol-infused product that is all the rage this winter and works effectively on diminishing the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines and enlarged pores.
What’s the fuss all about? Let’s demystify Sunday Riley LUNA Sleeping Night Oil…
- Reduces the appearance of pores and wrinkles
- Visibly improves the signs of premature aging
- Boosts skin’s radiance
Sunday Riley LUNA has an abundance of chemicals beneficial to the skin, and can provide vital hydration. Here are some of the most potent ingredients in this night oil:
- Trans Retinol Ester: This Sunday Riley Luna ingredient is a form of retinol, a well-known skin care chemical. However, it’s important to note that trans retinol ester is not the same version of retinol that is more commonly found in skin care products. Further, this version of retinol has not been studied as extensively.
- German Chamomile: Believed to have anti-inflammatory properties, the chamomile oil in Sunday Riley Luna may soothe the skin and provide long term anti aging benefits (as skin aging has been linked to inflammatory processes).
- Avocado Seed Oil: A potent moisturizer, avocado seed oil can help restore hydration in the skin, and nourish it with vital nutrients.
- Blue Tansy: This extract is thought to have strong anti inflammatory and healing properties. The color of this extract is also what is claimed to give the Sunday Riley Luna night oil its color (though the ingredient list does contain some colorants, so the blue tansy may not be entirely responsible for the oil’s hue).
- Vitamins: Sunday Riley Luna also contains a variety of vitamins, including vitamins A, B, C, D and E. These vitamins can bring significant benefits to the skin, with vitamins C and E acting as antioxidants, for example.
- Blood Orange Oil: Like chamomile, blood orange oil is also thought to have anti inflammatory effects on the skin.
- Ylang Ylang Oil: This Sunday Riley Luna ingredient may help with regulating sebum production in the skin.
- Sunflower Seed Oil: This moisturizing oil is thought to boost the skin’s natural moisture barrier, to provide long term hydration.
Entire list of Ingredients
Persea Gratissima (Extra Virgin, Cold Pressed Avocado) Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Organic, Cold Pressed Concord Grape) Seed Oil, Rubus Fruticosus (Cold Pressed Blackberry) Seed Oil, Salvia Hispanica (Cold Pressed Chia) Oil, Dimethyl Isosorbide (and) Hydroxypinacolone Retinoate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Oil, Tanecetum Annuum (Blue Tansy) Oil, Anthemis Nobilis (English Chamomile) Oil, Eriocephalus Punctulatus (Cape Chamomile) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara (Neroli) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Blood Orange) Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower (Ylang Ylang) Oil, Vetivera Zizanoides (Vetiver) Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil (and) Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, CI 61565 (Green 6), CI 60725 (Violet 2).
What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Clinically proven to improve skin radiance, fine lines, and smoothness in 4 weeks*.
- 100% felt the product absorbed well into the skin**
- 96% of women felt their skin looked brighter and more radiant**
- 96% of women felt their skin looked healthier and revitalized**
- 92% of women felt their skin tone looked more even, calmer, smoother**
- 92% would recommend Luna to a family member or friend **
- 88% felt their pores looked smaller**
- 85% felt their fine lines and wrinkles around the forehead were visibly improved**
*Proven via in-vivo testing (silicone replicas) and expert visual grading.**After an independent consumer testing panel used Luna Sleeping Night Oil for 4 weeks.
Use LUNA Sleeping Night Oil directly after cleansing. If using another Sunday Riley treatment, like Good Genes All-in-One Lactic Acid treatment, wait five minutes for Luna to sink in before applying Good Genes. Alternatively, you can use Good Genes in the morning and Luna at night, or alternate evenings.
Treatments and Serums: Face Serum
Application Area: Face
How to Use
There are several reasons why this oil should not be used during day time. Firstly, because this night oil contains a version of retinol, there is an increased potential of skin damage. Retinol can temporarily weaken the skin’s natural defenses, which may increase potential damage from UV radiation in sun rays.
For best results, the manufacturer advises the consumer to apply a few drops of the oil to facial skin, and gently massage it into the skin using fingertips.
Due to presence of retinoids, not for use during pregnancy. Due to presence of retinoids, it is best to use Luna at night.
I am quite impressed with LUNA. This is a wonderful oil. It does NOT turn your face blue, so don’t fret. The color disappears after you rub it in. After I apply it, I make sure I sleep with a silk pillowcase so it doesn’t soak up all of the moisture like a cotton pillowcase does. When I wake up in the morning, my skin looks more refreshed, hydrated and much better overall.
*This is an Amazon affiliate link to this product I recommend. If you purchase something from my blog, I may receive a small percentage of the sale at no extra cost to you. Thank you!
Thank you for reading The Badass Writer! Enter to win free cosmetics and books by subscribing! The prizes are from Sugar-The-Westie of our Badass Fun & Games Department. Stick around!