10 Presidential Fun Facts
- George Washington’s false teeth were made from elephant and walrus tusks, gold, and ivory not wood.
- John Adams was the first to live in the White House.
- Thomas Jefferson founded the University of Virginia.
- James Madison was the shortest president at 5-foot- 4 inches.
- James Monroe was the last founding father to serve as president.
- John Quincy Adams skinny dippedin the Potomac every morning.
- Andrew Jackson had a pet parrot he taught to curse.
- Martin Van Buren coined the word “OK.”
- William Henry Harrison had a petgoat.
- John Tyler had 15 children.
- What did Americans do because of the Stamp Act? They licked the British.
- What kind of tea did the American colonists want? Liberty.
- Who was the biggest jokester in George Washington’s army? Laughayette
- What was the most popular dance in 1776? Indepen-dance.
- Do you know the 16th President of the United States? No, we were never introduced!
- What does the Statue of Liberty stand for? It can’t sit down.
- Where was the Declaration of Independance signed? At the bottom!
- What do you call a Nebraskan who hates Democratic Presidents? A CORNservative.
- How did Richard Nixon sleep in the White House? First he lied on one side, then he lied on the other.
- “It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.” -George Washington
- “I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.” -Abraham Lincoln “
- “Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.” -Abraham Lincoln
- “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” -Thomas Jefferson
- “The God who gave us life, gave us liberty at the same time.” -Thomas Jefferson
- “It’s clearly a budget. It’s got a lot of numbers in it.” -George W. Bush
- “When I was in England I experimented with marijuana a time or two — and didn’t like it — and didn’t inhale and never tried inhaling again.” -Bill Clinton
Please follow and like us: