The Bunny and The Baskets
- Why an Easter bunny rabbit and not a hare?In earlier times the Easter bunny was associated with hares and not rabbits. Later on, Easter rabbits exchanged places with hares, as rabbits are said to be a symbol of fruitfulness and fertility. This interchange happened because rabbits reproduce very quickly. Christians changed the symbol of the rabbit to the Easter Bunny.
- The Story of the Easter nest.An Easter nest is closely associated with this festive holiday. Children make nests out of leaves, moss and grasses. Then they place these nests in their yard. They believe that during the night the Easter bunny will come and fill their nest with bright colored eggs.
- Tradition of burning an Easter-eve fire. This tradition of Easter Eve fire is mostly celebrated in Texas. It originated from a German tradition. For this custom children are told that the Easter Bunny is burning wild flowers to make his dyes.
- Tradition of Easter Chocolate Basket. The tradition of a chocolate Easter basket is most commonly practiced by Americans. It is also believed by American children that on this day, the Easter Bunny will bring a basket full of chocolates, candies and Easter eggs for them.
- Traditional Easter Egg Hunt Game. No Easter celebration is complete without an Easter egg Hunt. The party host tends to hide Easter eggs in the yard and the kids are supposed to fetch them. The one who finds the most eggs is the winner. Some children even leave carrots in their yard for the Easter bunnies.
- Where has the idea of egg laying rabbit originated?It is believed that the idea of egg-laying rabbit came to the America’s in the 1700’s through immigrants from Germany.
More Easter Facts & Trivia
- The most famously known Easter event took place in the year 1878. This year president Hayes and his wife Lucy officially opened the White House grounds to the children for egg rolling on Easter Monday. Since then, this event is held each year.
- Their are ten growers, most located along the California-Oregon border, in an area known as the “Easter Lily Capital of the World,” that produce 95 percent of all bulbs grown in the world for the potted Easter lily market. They produce over 11 million bulbs annually for shipping to commercial greenhouses.
- Americans spend 2 billion dollars on Easter goodies. They consume 7.1 billion pounds of Easter treats each year.
- The inaugural chocolate eggs recipes were made in Europe during the nineteenth century.
- Each year witnesses their are nearly 90 million chocolate bunnies.
- According to a survey, 76% of people prefer to eat the ears of a chocolate Easter bunny first before any other part.
- What do you call a bunny with a dictionary in his jeans?
A smarty pants.
- What does the Easter Bunny get for making a basket?
Two points, just like anyone else.
- What do you get if you cross a bee and a bunny?
A honey bunny!
- What would you get if you crossed the Easter Bunny with Chinese food?
- What do you call a sleepy Easter egg?
- How did the egg roll across the road?
It just rolled, silly!
- How does the Easter Bunny keep his fur neat?
With a hare brush!
- What happened to the egg when he was tickled too much?
He cracked up.
- How does the Easter Bunny stay in shape?
He does lots of hare-obics.
- What did the Easter Egg say to the other Easter Egg?
Have you heard any good yolks today?
- Why wouldn’t the egg take a hot bath?
He didn’t want to be hard boiled.
- What kind of jewelry do rabbits wear?
14 carrot gold.
- What is the Easter Bunny’s favorite type of music?
- What’s big and purple and hugs your Easter basket?
The Easter Barney!
- What day does an egg hate the most?
- How can you tell where the Easter Bunny has been?
Eggs mark the spot!
- How do eggs stay healthy?
- What do you get if you pour hot water down a rabbit hole?
Hot cross bunnies!
- What do you call a rabbit with the sniffles?
A runny bunny!
- What kind of plants do eggs keep?
- What happened when the Easter Bunny caught his head in the fan?
It took ears off his life!
- What are the Easter Bunny’s favorite stories?
The ones with hoppy endings!
- What do you call a rabbit with fleas?
- What do you call an egg from outer space?
An “Egg-stra terrestial”.
- Why is the bunny the luckiest animal?
Because they have four rabbits feet!
- Why did the egg go to the baseball game?
For the egg-stra innings!
- How did the soggy Easter Bunny dry himself?
With a hare-dryer!
- How does Easter end?
With a R!
- What kind of jokes do eggs tell?
- What did the eggs do when the light turned green?
Okay, enough already! AprilFools!
Go to church, celebrate Jesus, eat your decorated eggs and stash away your chocolate for a nice treat later. How will you be spending this special day? What are your favorite family Easter traditions? Sending you all my love and Easter blessings, xoxo.