We all know that a better diet can help us in endless ways, but when we’re walking around the grocery store it gets a little confusing on what to put in our cart to help clear up trouble skin and gain that enviable glow. Having a guide to let you know what to look for in the grocery aisles, specifically for better skin can have incredible benefits for both your beauty routine and your wallet.
Making sure to include foods that are considered “phytonutrients” will make all of the difference. Containing incredibly high antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits, phytonutrients help to protect from UV damage (even when it’s not sunny out), reduce fine lines and provide an enviable glow to your skin.
Skin health expert Dr. Karin Hermoni, Lycored Nutrient Complex Category Manager, offers tips on how to give an extra kick to your beauty routine & finally have perfect skin and make sure you add the below to your diet:
- Red, orange and yellow vegetables and fruit (such as tomatoes, carrots, peppers, squash, sweet potatoes, peaches, mangos, melons, citrus fruits, and berries)
- Dark green leafy vegetables (such as spinach, kale, bok choy, broccoli, Swiss chard, and romaine lettuce)
- Whole grain products (such as brown rice, wild rice, quinoa, barley, wheat berries, and whole wheat whole grain breads and whole grain cereals)
- Nuts and seeds (such as walnuts, almonds, sunflower, sesame and flax seeds)
- Legumes (such as dried beans, peas, lentils, soy beans and soy products)
So next time you go grocery shopping, make sure to stock up on fruits and veggies and add these nourishing foods to your list. Get ready to become more beautiful from the inside out!
NOTE: PART II of The Best of K-Beauty: Masks is coming up next, don’t miss it!